Living next to Philly.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Movie Recommendation -
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Okay. It's been more than two weeks since my last real, solid hunk of time (and inspiration) that would bring me to write a good blog post. I like to get into detail, and I get carried away with writing when I can actually get started. So this will be the first of what should hopefully be many smaller posts in the future, to fill these long, unnecessary voids between thoughts and happenings in my life and Conshohocken.

Today I'd like to tell you about a hilarious movie that I viewed recently, a documentary called "The King of Kong." It follows a long-standing rivalry between a couple of hilarious, and more importantly, real people regarding the all-time high score in arcade Donkey Kong. This movie contains absolutely no third-person narration, only interviews with all the ridiculous characters who take part in this ridiculous story. I call them "characters" and a "story" because they're literally right out of a comic book. Every single person in this movie, save the "challenger" Steve Wiebe, comes off as either a super-eccentric or just a straight-up lunatic. And they're all video game nerds, which makes them even funnier.
Watchable documentaries are few and far between, and even fewer of them are laugh-out-loud hilarious. This one manages a rare notch in both categories. And it's only 90 minutes long or so, which means you can watch it late at night and hopefully stay awake through the whole thing.

That's all for now. I am at work, after all. Look forward to a good post about visitors from New York, coming soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have a pussy or a dick tom?

Anonymous said...

i wish i was fucking dead

Unknown said...

This movie rocked my cock right off my body! I had never beaten my meat so many times in my life to arcade games and fantasy games. I slammed my ham like a pog getting flipped over for a loss.